Tuesday, January 16, 2001, Mike Harlos [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>> I have try to uninstall and re-installed 1.49 and 1.48f.  Neither of
>> them works.

>> When I re-install 1.44, it works fine.

> Just in case... if you are using Zone Alarm, it will not allow the
> new Bat executable to connect to the internet until you give it
> permission.  I recall a while ago that someone from here had set ZA
> to not prompt him for such permission, so all that he would see is
> the failure to connect.

I am not using ZoneAlarm.  The only thing I did is "register" the
copy.

I am using Win95a, if it makes any difference.

There has to be some reason why the 1.49 and 1.48f does not work on my
PC.  When I reinstalled 1.44, the colors of the icons go back to the
darker colors.  Would that be a clue to the problem?

Thanks in advance

JM

Using The Bat! 1.44
Under Windows 95 4.0 Build 950