On Sunday 21 January 2001 16:42, you wrote:

> Hello all!
>
> I know that, historically, a virus can auto-generate e-mails without
> the
> users knowledge.

Only on systems using insecure mailers such as Outlook. This is due to a
security flaw in the way tehse programs handle VB scripting. Much of this can
be prevented by using the spydog patches.

> Are there any viruses out there yet that work like this on TB!?  I am
> wondering, since I enable PGP signing by default, if a potential
> virus that
> works with TB! will be able to sign the fake messages as well.

I agree with Gerd on this point. Unless a Virus was sophisticated enough it
is unlikely that it could send PGP signed messages. However, it is always a
possibility and you should always have a virus scanner. When I recieve
messages with attachements I usually e-mail the sender to find out what it
was before opening.
--
AOL Users. To reply to this mail press CTRL + ALT +DEL.
To complain about this mail type "format c:" at the C:\> prompt.