Hello Mark and other TBUDLS,

On Thursday, February 08, 2001 at 19:26:58 GMT -0500 Mark Knipfer wrote on "TB!
1.49 IMAP4: how to get IMAP4 working?":

>> MK> Is there a particular setting in TB! that needs to be set, other than
>> MK> setting the Protocol to IMAP4?  Where you do specify the path, or is it not
>> MK> needed?
>>
>> All you need to do is set the protocol to IMAP4.

MK> I already knew that, as I stated above.

With my limited understanding of e-mail clients - :-) - I took your question to
mean: do I have to do something *other* than setting the protocol to IMAP4. My
answer was: No, you don't.

>> But no folders will be created
>> in TB if there isn't any mail in the checked folders. If there *is* mail, a
>> dialog-window will ask you whether you want to create a new folder of the same
>> name as the checked IMAP-folder or rather want to use the inbox (and something
>> else - but I forgot what).

MK> TB! detects new messages in the existing IMAP mail folders but no mail
MK> folders create in TB!.  After reading through past messages in the
MK> archives, I see no one has successfully used IMAP4 in TB!.

In my opinion, what you see in the archives could possibly be that *none of the
participants in the discussion* has successfully used IMAP4. But I assume that
my previous message - where I explain my successful use of IMAP4 in TB to you -
has now reached the archives :-)

Jannik Lindquist

The Bat! Ver. 1.49
Windows 98 4 10 2222  A