I keep two separate address books--one has two sub-ADs and the other
has three. If I want to print out a hard copy of one of the sub-ADs,
there's no problem; it's very straightforward.

But if I want to copy a sub-AD to a file as plain text, I run into a
problem.  There's no "print to file" option in the print menus, so I used
the export function in the file drop-down menu. The problem is that I can't
limit the export to a single sub-address book. The new file that's created
includes all other sub-ADs plus the main AD. (With duplicates thankfully
omitted.)  The new file begins listing the addresses alphabetically, but
misses some of them.  Then, about two-thirds of the way through it begins
picking up the missed addresses and lists them in what appears to be a
random order.  There doesn't seem to be any pattern to this, so it wouldn't
be easy to just edit out the unneeded addresses.

I don't need to do this often, and a simple solution would be plug the
sub-AD into its own main AD to create the file, but this issue was giving
me fits today.  Am I missing something obvious?

 Using The Bat! 1.49
 under Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A