Hi Russ,

RM> Thanks for all the help with getting gmx sorted out. Finally I am able
RM> to send email, but it seems very patchy, sometimes it connects,
RM> sometimes it doesn't,

Right. At the moment GMX seems to lack some hardware.
Little tip: if there is no connection after about 5 seconds,
don't wait for the timeout, use cancel and try again.

RM> When I get those fancy email newsletters sent to me, they arrive in
RM> html format mainly, and the bat! doesn't show any of the images, only
RM> a yellow exclamation mark. Is there any way to make it do show the
RM> pictures instead?

No. This happens when the pictures are not inlined in the mail.
TB does not request the missing pictures via http (and will
hopefully never do so). To see everything double click on the
message and view it in your web browser.

--
Regards,
Wolfgang

Co-moderator TBUDL / TBBETA discussion lists
writing without the moderator's hat on ;-)

Using The Bat! 1.49 under Windows 95 4.0 Build 1111  B
in Stadtallendorf, Germany,
on a 166Mhz Cyrix, 128MB SDRAM, half SCSI system ;-)

http://www.wolfgang-kynast.de/