Hi Brian,

@ 5:01:39 PM on 3/27/2001, Brian Clark wrote:

[...]

>> As applied to keys, IMHO, an invalid key should be a key that has been
>> shown to belong to a different person from the stated user.
>> A key that has not been possible to verify if it really belongs to its
>> claimer through an independent test like a letter, telephone call,
>> direct conversation, etc should be called "not validated".

> This is entirely a PGP issue. TB! doesn't control the output of a key
> verification, it simply asks PGP to do it's work.

Well, I suppose that's wasn't entirely clear. If you're *not* using
PGP Tray, TB! calls pgplog.exe to display the signature verification,
and displays the decrypted message in the message list separate from
the original. But as far as TB! displaying the verified signature
information in-line (like Valid, Invalid, Good, etc), TB!'s plugin
doesn't do that (yet).

As for PGP Tray's use in verifying signatures, depending on which
version of PGP you're using, you'll get a pop up window with the
decrypted message *and* signature information. But, then you're not
using TB!'s plugin at all.

--
 Brian Clark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 Web Architect, Designer, and Programmer