On Wednesday, March 28, 2001 at 20:19:23 +0200 Karin Spaink wrote:

> For friends, I have set up a small network (two computers,
> both running WinNT) using TheBat. The program resides on
> computer A. All users have their own accounts, plus they
> have access to the company's main account. There is also an
> admin account, from which you can access all other accounts.
> The address book resides in d:\thebat\admin .

> The hassle is that they keep "losing" the address book.

I believe you're using one of the newest version (older versions
store the information in the registry), so AFAIK the only place TB
stores the location and name of the ABs in use in "AddrBook.INI"
under the main directory of the message base (or the "working
directory" as TB calls it). Please check all network HDs to see if
there're other copies of the same .ini elsewhere.

How do they normally use the computers? Do you log-in (into Windows,
not TB) with different accounts? If so, I suspect there're some
discrepancies as to where the "working directory" is at. The
location is stored in the registry under the key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\RIT\The Bat!

Since every Windows account has its own "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" tree,
they might not share the same value for the "Working Directory"
entry. And there are two computers, each with its own user accounts.

I would suggest checking all those registry entries and make sure
all have the same "working directory" and see if that solves the
problem.

Ming-Li

The Bat! 1.52 Beta/1 | Win2k SP1