Thursday, April 12, 2001, 10:53:13 AM, you wrote:

>> also same if you delete heaps of them at once, your machine may
>> seem to "Hang" as the HDD re-writes hundreds or thousands of
>> FAT-entries... ...just wait for it to finish gracefully!

> As said, 0-byte files take up directory entries, but no FAT entries.

Actually, I think what takes so long when deleting hundreds (I did 653
from \windows\temp because of TB!) or thousands (I did 32,000 + from
\windows\inf the other day because of WinME automatic updates) is if
you are doing it in a way that the files are sent to the recycle bin.
Once you get away from that, it goes much faster.

--
Dwight A. Corrin
P O Box 47828