Hello TBUDL!

A while back I did something that I shouldn't have done - I killed
dupes in a certain folder I have set up for a mailing list. I didn't
even stop to hesitate when the program said it was going to kill 60(!)
duplicates... I just clicked OK...  :-(

How stupid of me.

What happened was that I lost sixty messages that were NOT duplicates,
all from same person. From his later messages I have discovered that
all his messages have the same message-ID!! It seems that either his
computer or some program(s) can't manage the y2k so he has set the
date permanently to January 1st, 1980. OK, that's fine but I wouldn't
even have dreamed that that should make the message-IDs exactly the
same!!

Actually, I don't have any question... I just wanted to share this...

It would have been nice if TB! had told me *what* were the
messages it was about to kill... showing the basic "from" and
"subject" info for instance. Now it seems to me that the message-ID
isn't a very reliable way to determine which messages are
duplicates... but then again, what is?

Pete

Using The Bat! v1.51 on Windows 98
4.10 Build 2222  A