On 19-04-2001 at 01:42, Susanne kindly wrote:

>   I just accidently deleted a message I wanted to keep.
>   I found it in the trash folder and moved it back to the
>   folder I deleted it from, but now it seems to be totally
>   gone.
>   It never appeared in the folder I moved it to and isn't in
>   the trash folder anymore, either. (..)
>   Any ideas how to get it back?

If you inadvertedly lost a message in any folder, focus on
that folder and go to the main menu --> Folder --> Browse
deleted messages. You will then see all moved and deleted
messages. (*) From that message list, you can move them to a
new destination. (**)

*   At this level, TB doesn't distinguish between "moved"
    and "deleted". Both are deleted from the folder's index.

**  You cannot move a deleted message from the deleted list
    back to its original folder: you need to take an
    intermediate step, e.g. move it to your inbox and
    reallocate it from there.

You can try doing this either from your inbox (since that is
where the message must have arrived at first) or from the
trash folder (since that is where it was moved from).

Another, more elaborate solution is to search through your
account for the message. But I realise that you can only do
so if you remember part of its header or its content...

- K -

--

... she had come to realise that Authority, even when it
refrained from violence, could be as disturbing a specter