Hi Russ,
On Fri, 20 Apr 2001, at 21:57:31 +0100 you wrote:

RM> Not exactly no. I get the digest version of the list which
RM> changes the subject line and headers et all.

Ah, I see.

RM> I just chenged the subject and copied and pasted the text I
RM> wanted to reply to/quote when I used the reply button in TB!

Well, I think that is one of the best solutions for digest
replies. But it won't go to an existing thread, which is obvious
as you are *not* replying to one of my messages but to the
digest.

RM> Sorry for the confusion I didn't know what else to use
RM> without just quoting the entire digest header or starting a
RM> new email each time, neither seemed a good idea.

Changing the digest header was definitely a good idea and got you
some readers who otherwise would have ignored the message
(including myself :-).

RM> What would have been a better way to do this?

The solution presented in another thread was to change from
digest mode into normal mode <vbg>. I don't know if this is
really better, I think it depends on your personal needs. I for
myself wouldn't even think about digest mode :-)

--
Regards,
Lars

The Bat! 1.52 Beta/7 on Windows NT 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 1
|        Lars Geiger  |  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        |
| PGP Key: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=GetPublicKey> |