Hi Kiyan,

@ 4:19:11 AM on 5/6/2001, Kiyan Azarbar wrote:

KA> Is there a good FAQ out there that explains, step by step, how to
KA> set up GnuPG on Win32 and integrate it with the Bat? Well, I
KA> imagine that last bit is probably unlikely since 1.52c just
KA> "Shipped" yesterday.

Yes, you can join PGP-Basics, which has a How-To graciously provided
by one of the PGP-Basics founders, Nick Andriash. You can subscribe to
PGP-Basics here:

If you join, you'll find the How-To in the Files section of the list
home page.

If you don't really care for subscribing, I can send you the How-To
privately, but the list really is a valuable resource (even for
experienced PGP users).

KA> Anyway, I tried to download gnupg and gnupgshell, but no matter
KA> what I do it doesn't respect the directory I'm trying to get it to
KA> use for keys and such.

I *think* the catch is that you you must use C:\gnupg as your
installation directory in order to get them to work happily
together.

KA> Is The Bat's support for OpenPGP any good? As in, is it based on
KA> PGP/MIME rather than just ramming ascii armor text into a message,
KA> which is quite ugly?

TB! Doesn't support PGP/MIME yet, but IIRC it's a planned addition.

--
 -Brian Clark | PGP is spoken here: 0xE4D0C7C8
 [SB! 1.52 Beta/12/iKey1000, Windows 98 (SE) 4.10 Build 2222 A]