Hello Gerd,

On Sat, 12 May 2001 11:03:49 +0200 GMT (12/05/2001, 17:03 +0800 GMT),
Gerd Ewald wrote:

GE> Even if B doews not have the senders public key, in our example pKa,
GE> she would be able to decrypt the message. She wouldn't be able to
GE> verify the signature but she could reveal the plaintext message from
GE> the ciphertext.

Would she? I think you do need the sender's public key to drecypt a
message. Maybe I'm wrong about this?

GE> I assume you are Thomas, who speaks German?? If so, go to
GE> www.pro-privacy.de

I am, and I will take a look. Thanks.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

In a Vienna hotel: In case of fire, do your utmost to alarm the hotel
porter.

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.53 Beta/3
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998
using an Intel Celeron 366Mhz, 128MB RAM