Hello List,

  I've got a problem with extracting names from the addressbook.
  Someone, let's name him "Charlie Small" writes me with his address
  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, but the from-field of his emails looks like this:

  "Small Charlie (Technic/Stage 1)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

  So I created a AB-entry for him and wanted to use a special reply-template
  for making the greeting of my reply look like

  "Hello Charlie"

  instead of "Hello Small".

  If I do use "%OFromName" he's greeted "Hello Small Charlie (Technic/Stage 1)".
  If I do use "%OFromFName" he's greeted "Hello Small".
  So I decided to try a %ABTo... macro ... I've inserted his AB-entry so that
  Charlie is the first, Small the last, and "(Technic/Stage 1)" the middle
  name is. The Display name should be "Charlie Small (Technic/Stage 1)" for
  better sorting/finding/reading purposes.
  If I do use %ABToName right now in the template, it gets

  "Hello Charlie Small (Technic/Stage 1),"

  How to write the template to display "Hello Charlie", without only making
  the "Display name as" just the first name??? %ABToFName does not work :-(

  Thx Peter

--
Regards
Peter Palmreuther                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]