Hi TBUDL,

On the 25th June our computing support are closing all external email
access services except IMAP4 over SSL.  Unfortunately, I am almost
exclusively working from home and thus pickup my mail on my home
machine using TB!.  Currently, I have TB! setup to grab my mail off
the server using IMAP on port 143 but when the 25th comes I am
expecting that this will no longer work.

I cannot see any current support for SSL in TB! and the only mention
of support I could find in my archive of TBUDL was dated 4th June,
2000 (Subject = "secure POP3") and this reveals little of use to me.

Is there a solution that would allow me to pick up my email from the
departmental server using the required IMAP over SSL protocol and have
it arrive in TB!?

Due to an aggressive anti-WinPC support policy from the computing
support department I can expect no help or leeway from that arena and
their UNIX network is locked down tightly so I cannot put any new
software on there. However, I have flexibility at my end with my
Windows 2000 box to run which ever services/applications that might
solve my problem.

I already have an email server on my own machine that is used
primarily for outgoing SMTP and for running a cheap POP/IMAP server
for the machines in this building (it has no MX registration in the
outside world) so if there were some type of software that could be
programmed to fetch my mail periodically from the departmental server
using SSL IMAP it could forward it to the local mail server which TB!
has access to.

Any ideas or suggestions are welcomed. My initial investigations have
revealed tools such as "stunnel" and "delegate" but either they are
not appropriate or I have not properly understood how I should use
them... I am not too familiar with Unix derived products although I
could compently follow instructions if they were clear enough...
probably! I really don't see changing my email client as an option
because I am very heavily dependent upon the TB! setup I have with
extensive use of filters and templates but this is the only advice our
computing support are offering.

My utmost thanks in advance.

Best Wishes,

Mark.

 Using TheBat! 1.52 Windows NT 5 0 2195 Service Pack 2
 Just4Fun - Freestuff, Humour and More! - http://just4fun.ipfox.com/
 Mark R Harding
 The Integrated Systems Group (Vision)
 Department of Electronics & Electrical Engineering
 The University of Edinburgh, King's Buildings, Mayfield Road
 Edinburgh. EH9 3JL. Scotland. U.K.

 Phone:  +44 (0)131 650 5662
 Fax:    +44 (0)131 650 6554
 Email:  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]