Hi Jason,

On Wed, 20 Jun 2001 08:19:24 -0500GMT (20/06/2001, 21:19 +0800GMT),
Jason Hannah wrote:

JH>  I have The Bat 1.53bis, and when I send any mail that is bigger than
JH>  1.4Kb, it gets stuck and won't send.  I know that it's not my mail
JH>  provider, because I've sent the same exact email with another program
JH>  just to test it.  The progress bar on the connection centre window
JH>  will say something like "Transfer: [2,228 bytes / 2,227 bytes]", which
JH>  but then it will hang there, and the message does NOT get sent.

Let me ask you three questions:

1.) How much RAM do you have?

2.) Under Account / Properties / Fuiles & directories, did you or did
you not activate the radio button for "Bind Attachments only when
sending out"?

3.) Do you hit "Send the letter" when you finish typing? In that case,
try to "Put letter in Outbox" and send from there.

I assume that TB is trying to load the whole message (with attachment)
into RAM. I don't know whether questions 2 has anything to do with it,
though.

TB is able to send message with very big attachments - somebody just
posted a screenshot of a successful sending of an attachment with over
200MB (200 meg) on one of the TB lists a few days ago.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Moderator der deutschen The Bat! Beginner Liste. Anmeldung unter:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.53d
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998
on a Pentium II/350 MHz.