Hey Avenarius,

Friday, July 20, 2001, 9:39:16 PM, my MUA believes you used
The Bat! (v1.53d) Personal to write:

A> A Bat-fellow, Mars Descent, wrote on Thursday, July 19, 2001 at
A> 06:30:45 (GMT +00-02),  which was 8:30 a.m. in Bratislava --

A>>> What I miss is the option to move backwards using the spacebar as
A>>> well as forwards. Couldn't SHIFT+SPACEBAR (or, better still, ALT
A>>> GR+SPACEBAR) be used to navigate the message list upwards, while
A>>> SPACEBAR would continue to navigate it downwards?

A>>> Until something like this is implemented, the navigation of
A>>> messages in the Bat will remain uncomfortable for me, inferior to
A>>> Forte Agent, Pegasus, the Opera mailer, or even Outlook.

MD>> How come you want to move backwards?  I can't see what it helps.

A> When you're reading a long message, there is no way to return to a
A> previously read section of the long message. But it's often necessary
A> to do that if you need to read a message carefully, rather than just
A> skim its content.

A> Currently you first need to press TAB to transfer the cursor to the
A> message body, and then use PAGE UP.

A> As soon as you do that, though, you cannot immediately move to the
A> preceding / next message (the CTRL+UP and CTRL+DOWN shortcuts
A> unexplicably do not work in preview message bodies), nor can you move
A> or copy the message into another folder (the CTRL+V and CTRL+C
A> shortcuts unexplicably do not work in message bodies).

Not sure I have followed the entire thread, but, I frequently use
Alt+"Down/Up Arrows".  I realise this does not move a full screen of
text at a time like the space bar, but it seems to do what you want
without shifting your view to the message...

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Using The Bat! (http://www.ritlabs.com/the_bat/) eMail v1.53d

NetZero Platinum