Tuesday, July 31, 2001, 9:26:24 AM, Thomas F wrote:

> Hello Mark,

> On Tue, 31 Jul 2001 08:37:39 -0400 GMT (31/07/2001, 20:37 +0800 GMT),
> Mark Knipfer wrote:

MK>> Does The Bat! 1.53d or newer support SMTP Secure Password
MK>> Authentication (SPA)?

> Take a look at Account / Properties / Transport / Send Mail /
> Authentication.

I only see the following settings without no mention of SPA:

 Accounts | Properties | Transport

  Click Authentication in the Send Mail section:

    SMTP Authentication
    [ ] Perform SMTP authentication (RFC 2554)

        ( ) Use settings for Mail retrieval
        ( ) Use specific settings [username and password]
        ( ) Store password on iKey
        [ ] Require secure (MD5) authentication

    [ ] Use "POP before SMTP" authentication

MK>> MSN implemented SMTP SPA lately and many MSN users are not wanting to
MK>> switch to or use Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express 5.x.

> If what they use is something proprietary to MS, change ISP.

Based on what I know about MSN SMTP SPA so far, it is not a Microsoft
proprietary authentication which I find surprising.

--
Mark Knipfer
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]