Hi Peter,
On Mon, 13 Aug 2001, at 16:00:15 +0200 you wrote:

PP> AND: the update of attached list does _ONLY_ work if the mail text
PP> is _UNCHANGED_, means: if you attach a file before you start
PP> writing, it is listed. If you write the mail and decide to add a
PP> second file it _ain't_ listed where the macro '%ATTACHMENTS' is
PP> placed!

Not exactly. Have a look at what happens, when you start a new mail: At
first, the cursor is in the To: field. If you now *attach* a file, the
cursor will be placed in the message body when you close the file
selection dialog. That's the reason why the macro shows the first
attachment correctly. For any subsequent attachment made now, the cursor
stays right where it is, in the message body. And that is why the macro
isn't evaluated again. If you focus the To: field before attaching the
second file (like it was in the beginning) TB! will correctly list
*both* attachments.

PP> If you edit the message text TB! does not remember anymore where
PP> what _macro_ was placed, instead the evaluated macros (and therefor
PP> their content / text) are present.

I don't think that all macros are just replaced with the string they
create. If that was the case, the re-evaluation via shifting the focus
wouldn't work.

PP> This is the same with every other macro that influences the text or
PP> content of your mail like '%From' settings, '%From*' texts (e.g. for
PP> footer), '%Subject' or even '%Language' ... they're all 'invisible',
PP> not insertable "runtime" and only evaluated before editing the mail
PP> has begun.

Those macros need only be evaluated once (usually). But it's different
with %ATTACHMENTS. Perhaps we should make a suggestion that all macros
are re-evaluated after a change in the attachments. That would solve
those problems.

--
Regards,
Lars

The Bat! 1.54 Beta/6 on Windows NT 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 2
|        Lars Geiger  |  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        |
| PGP Key: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=GetPublicKey> |