On Friday, August 31, 2001, at 07:18:23 AM PDT, Timothy J. Luoma wrote:

> ZoneAlarm does not want to let TheBat access the Internet,
> especially for *sending* email, even though it is listed in the list
> of Programs in ZoneAlarm that are allowed Internet access.

Hello Timothy,

Something may have become corrupt (duh...). I can think of two things
you might try...

1) Go into the "Programs" panel of ZA/ZAP, remove TB! from it
(right-click on the TB! section, and remove), re-start your computer,
and see if ZA asks for new "permissions" for TB! when you try to check
or send mail again.

Or...

2) There is a file called "IAMDB.RDB".  This, if I'm remembering
correctly, holds the "Programs" configurations for ZA/ZAP.  If you
delete this file, then re-start, ZA/ZAP will start over with a fresh
file (you'll need to re-grant all your program permissions).

[If you want to be careful, perhaps just rename or copy that file to
somewhere else before you delete it, and re-start. See if ZA creates a
new file and starts over with a "clean slate" of program permissions.]

I have WinME, so this file is in my "C:\Windows\Internet Logs".
According to the ZAP FAQ, for "refreshing" ZA's settings:

"For Windows NT and Windows 2000, remove the files in \WINNT\Internet
Logs."

I remember removing the IAMDB.RDB file once, re-starting, and all
seemed well after that.  I just had to re-grant all my program
permissions.

To make sure of all this before you try anything, for a quick answer,
you may want to ask about this in either this Usenet news group:

comp.security.firewalls

Or, in the news.grc.com news group:

grc.security.software

Good luck!

Melissa
- --
PGP public keys:
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=PGP_Keys_8&Body=Please%20send%20keys