Hello TBUDL list,

Friday, September 07, 2001, 4:26:37 AM, Andrew Hodgson wrote:

SH> Hi All,

SH> On  Thu,  6 Sep 2001 at 12:26:28 GMT +0100 (9/6/2001 6:26 PM GMT +0700
SH> where you think I live) "Andrew Hodgson"=[AH]typed the following :

AH>> I was hoping to use tb in network mode, with each workstation being
AH>> able to cope with any user logging in, however, one floor in this is
AH>> that tb stores settings in the registry, which means that if user logs
AH>> in to tb from another machine, they may get different settings.

SH> I am not sure about "network mode" you're talking about, but here I am
SH> running  The  Bat!  from  different  O/S  either using same thebat.exe
SH> program  (I  am running Multi O/S : W2K, Win9x, Linux, for this case I
SH> use/run  from  same  location/folder)  or  use  The  Bat!  on other PC
SH> (sometimes  I  use  The  Bat!  on the Server)...so far no problem, all
SH> folder, filter, template keep intact, even for multi account.

SH> I  just put all of my folder and all of The Bat! config (account.*) to
SH> network drive. That's all.

Thats all I did also but TB is adding registry entries to Win98, and
so if a user loggs in, then changes appearance settings, for example,
whether message headers are displayed or not, then when next user
comes in, he will get mail headers regardless of whether he had them
or not in the previous session.

Andrew.
 Andrew                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]