Hello,

[Yes I did check the archives... :) ]

I sometimes have to read and send emails in Thai. Thai is just like Greek
or Cyrillic in that it consists of ordinary single byte high ascii characters.

I have added 'Thai' as an entry in the XLAT window. I think the charset is
Windows-874 but I'm not completely sure.  I chose 'Thai' for the font
script.

Now with the fonts I'm getting into trouble, because it seems The Bat only
allows Monospaced (Fixed Pitch) fonts, and these fonts typically can't
display Thai. (With the exception of 'FixedSys' but this font looks
horrible and spacing is all wrong in Thai; it's readable though).

Is there a way to use variable pitch fonts in The Bat (Tahoma would be a
good choice), and is there a way to quickly switch without having to change
the font in the editor preferences for the whole program? Ideally, I would
just switch the encoding from 'Latin' to 'Thai', where Thai would be
defined as using the Tahoma font.

Possible?

Thanks a lot in advance!!!

Han.