Hi A
 On Saturday, November 03, 2001 at 21:54:20GMT -0500 (which was 8:54 PM where I live)
Allie C Martin wrote and made these points on the subject of "Access Violation in
thebat.exe":

> This may very well be a beta issue. Would you kindly confine problems
> with beta versions to the beta list. Not only is the beta list read a
> lot more by the developers who look out for the problem reports; it
> also prevents confusion of current and beta functionality.

Well, there were two reasons I posted it to this list.  First, I did
post it to the beta list and got no response so I thought it might not
be a beta problem.

Also, I did go back to an earlier beta and still had the problem (and
I do read the beta list and hadn't noticed this problem being
mentioned).  So, I decided it probably wasn't a beta issue.

FWIW, I did solve the problem although I'm not sure why this worked.
My husband also uses TB so I went on to his computer and set up an
account with my e-mail address.  I then downloaded all of my mail
(without incident) and placed it into a folder called transfer.  Then
I copied the transfer folder to my PC and created a folder called on
transfer in TB on my PC.  I had no notion this would solve the
problem.  I just wanted to be able to read my mail and respond to it
(since the problem was not preventing me from reading or responding to
mail).  Anyway, after doing this, the next time TB automatically went
out to get mail, it did so without problem and has been working fine
since then.  Now, why doing this fixed the problem, I have no idea at
all.

Kitty  >^,,^<    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
History is philosophy teaching from examples.  - Dionysius of
Halicarnassus (fl. 30 – 7 B.C.) Greek historian, critic and
rhetorician: “Ars Rhetorica”.

 Using The Bat! 1.54 Beta/9
        under Windows NT 5.0 Build
2195