Hello Gerard,

On Thursday, 29. November 2001 at 15:22:13 you wrote (at least in part):

GdV> But it doesn't explain why The Bat short-cuts
GdV> take preference over the ones from active programs.

They don't <period>.

What we're talking about are 'System Hot-keys'. The component 'System'
in that name is build from the fact they're working system wide. This
ain't 'normal' shortcuts as nearly every program offers this are
special ones for activating the bounded action regardless where you
are or what you do and what the active application is.
One possible System Hot-Keys in TB! is e.g. 'Tray Restore/Minimize'.
Albeit I'm working in a xterm or text editor I'm able to open TB! to
my current desktop (I'm using VirtualWin to have 9 Desktops on one
screen).

You see the difference?
<Ctrl>+<Enter> does not work system wide as 'answer', defined 'System
Hot-Keys' does :-)
--
Best Regards
Peter Palmreuther                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

... It bears repeating. It bears repeating. It bears repeating. It be