On December 11, 2001, Maurice Snellen wrote:

> On 11 Dec 2001, at 01:26:58 [GMT -0500] (which was 7:26 where I live)
> PFord wrote:

P>> Although RIT Labs claims that the Mail Ticker is "unique", Novell's
P>> Groupwise has a utility that is virtually identical, at least in the
P>> early incarnations of the Mail Ticker, which predates The Bat.

> Are you sure?

I'm never sure about anything.

> I don't know how long The Bat! and its MailTicker have been around,
> but if I remember correctly, GroupWise didn't have the Marquee as it
> is called until somewhere in the 5.x versions.

The Marquee was new to GW 5.5, released 9/98. I've been using The Bat
since v.1.00.95, about 327 updates ago. My recollection is that the
Mail Ticker was added in one of the 1.1x versions after GW 5.5,
because I recall thinking at the time that it wasn't "unique", but I
could be wrong. Maybe some enterprising Novell programmer crooked the
idea from a little known company in Moldavia. :) Could be a new source
of revenue for RIT Labs.

--
PFord
The Bat! 1.53d (reg)