Hello Luc,

It was foretold that on Friday, December 28, 2001 at 18:46 GMT +0100,
Luc [L] would type:

L> In  short:  if  i  add a new contact to my adressbook (outside a group) how do i
L> apply  the  templates  i already use, supposing there is another way then copy &
L> paste.

If you want to have a special template for your friends, but it is the
same template for all friends, you have a couple of options.  One is
that you create a group and add your friends to that group.  Then you
can define a group template and all contacts in that group will use
the specialized template.

If you would prefer to avoid group templates, you should create your
templates in Quick Templates.  Then the person's individual template
would just have one line: %QINCLUDE="<QT Handle>"
(Note: You need to replace <QT Handle> with the relevant quick
template name.)

The advantage of either of these methods is that you only need to
change one set of templates and you'll affect all your contacts.  The
group method has the advantage that adding new contacts is a couple of
steps simpler than the second method.  However, if you have contacts
in multiple groups and more than one of those groups has a group
template, the second method will result in fewer problems.

--
Thanks for writing,
 Januk Aggarwal

Using The Bat! 1.54 Beta/19 under Windows 98 4.10 Build 67766446 A

"His nerves. His memory. And I can't remember the third thing."
 -Lee Trevino on the three things that go as a golfer ages.