Hello,

IG> David

IG> I've just seen your mails in the discussion list archive. I've recently seen this
problem. What's unusual is that I'm running a dual boot system (98SE and Win2000) and
the problem only occurs
IG> under 98. I'll reinstall IE under 98, but do you have any idea which dll might be
responsible?

IG> Cheers

IG> Ian G.

Unfortunately no. It was only when I noticed .png files not being
shown on an HTML page in IE that it brought back to mind I had had the
same problem many months ago. On that occasion I searched the usual
databases to find any references to the problem but without success.
So I just re-installed IE then and it solved both the IE and THEBAT
problems.

Since Karin mentioned HTML pages in THEBAT I realised that yesterday
it *was* HTML I was trying to view. So it must be a shared DLL, which
somehow becomes corrupt, but as I say I don't know which one.

It would be nice to know which one(s) so it could just be replaced
should it happen again. I don't think it's THEBAT which causes the
corruption it's just that the symptom shows in THEBAT as I run it more
or less continuously.

--
David Stone (UK)   mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

The Bat! Version 1.53t. Platform  Windows 98SE 4.10.2222 Ver. A