Hello GJim !

On Thu, 17 Jan 2002 17:35:47 -0700 GMT your local time,
which was 18.01.2002, 01:35 (GMT+0100) where I live, you wrote:

[...]

> This will probably sound like a complaint, but I'm just wondering if
> it is normal to see this much message traffic on this list.

If you need to reduce your message base for whatever reason:
click on folder properties, activate "Keep messages in the base (for
days)", enter a number of days you like and activate both
possibilities in the small box at the bottom of that window called "On
Exit". TB will remove messages which are older than the number of days
you entered. If you want to keep a message for a longer period you
have to park them.

> I'm learning a lot - still don't understand how to do PGP -

Hmmm, have a look at www.pro-privacy.de click on "PGP and TheBat! -
Step by Step" May be this helps a bit?

 Gerd
Using The Bat! Version 1.53t
PGP/GPG-Keys on request mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=send_key
Tutorial for using PGP with TheBat! www.pro-privacy.de
It's not true that nice guys finish last.
Nice guys are winners before the game even starts.
     Addison Walker