Hello Alastair,

 On  Sat, 23 Feb 2002 at 15:12:16 [GMT +0000] (which was 16:12 where I live) you wrote:

AS> I noted that the TB! message bases become _horrendously_ fragmented*

AS> contig -s -q "C:\Program Files\The Bat!\MAIL\*.*"
I do the same but through a batch file without the Quite argument to
redirect the result in a log file
I only defrag messages.* files and run the batch every day with mstask

AS> In my case it produces a considerable speed improvement, particularly
AS> in backing up and compressing folders.

here too, a base like TBUDL can be fragmented in more than 50 parts in a
single day (even in NTFS) !

--
Regards,             Alain
                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]