I don't know whether it is necessary to separately install MAPI
support for IE, but it couldn't hurt (unless you want another mailer
to be the mailer called by other applications).  Under the Options
menu (for the account having administrator privileges), go to
Preferences on the first line, then the Appllications tab.  Install
the Simple MAPI support by pressing the large button.  Close out and
restart the computer and see whether that takes care of it.

JN