Hi all!
Just trying out TheBat! as an alternative to OE.
One of the features I liked in OE was the blocked senders list and the
ability to, with one stroke, keep unwanted mail out of my inbox.
I get an amazing amount of spam.
I'm having trouble grasping exactly what I'm suppose to do with the
filters in The Bat!- I've played with the settings, read the help file
and finally determined that I'm not smart enough to figure it out.
LOL!
Would some one please step through the creation on a simply way to
filter out mail?
What I've been doing is to highlight the unwanted e-mail in my inbox,
then go to "Specials" > "create filter" - then check box that says
"sender" - Then "use for incoming" - then send to "trash".
But this does not appear to be working correctly for me. As a test I
set one up to work with this list and I still get the list in my
inbox.
So- please, in very simple language, how should I be doing this?
Thanks
Daf