Hello Allie C Martin,
On Thu, 4 Apr 2002 06:40:11 -0500 GMT your local time,
which was Thursday, April 4, 2002, 6:40:11 PM (GMT+0700) my local time,

Allie C Martin wrote:

> @ 10:53:14 +0200 [ Thu, 4 Apr 2002], Marcus Ohlström [MO] wrote these
> words of wisdom:
MO>> I use three filters, one that filter on certain words like teen,
MO>> porn and so forth, another to filter on certain patterns (4 spaces
MO>> in a row in the subject line or 4 digits in a row in either the
MO>> subject och the senders address) and a third, placed above the two
MO>> others, to stop TB from filtering messages with certain words. The
MO>> first two filters does not filter messages from addresses in my
MO>> address book.

> It's *much* easier to filter mail that you expect, rather than to
> filter mail that you don't expect.

Not quite true as most spammers use certain things in their headers
which betray its spam.
Filtering on subject is useless, check 'send to', send from and
similar things and you will see lots of ways to get rid of 95% of all
spam.
Obviously one should first remove any mailing lists and other stuff
one knows but hitting spam is easy.

> If you are going to do things your
> way, then it's best to just purchase an application like Spamkiller
> <http://www.spamkiller.com/>, where the developer makes a living
> creating these sorts of filters to catch spam mail, and even then, it
> tends to catch a lot of my good mail. I stopped using it, refined my
> exclusion approach to spam filtering (if it's not a message directly
> for me, then it's spam) and it now works better than 'spamkiller'.
> Note that Spamkiller uses about 1500 filter rules and you have to
> update it periodically.

You donot need that many.
First grab the ones you are sure are yours and then tackle the spam.
Not to you is one way but others are the undisclosed recipients and
similar rubbish and anyway, you inspect by hand whats left, its really
not that difficult with 500 emails coming in per day to have maybe one
spamletter...

tracer

Using theBAT 1.60c

mail to : [EMAIL PROTECTED]