I just downloaded The Bat! 1.60c on Windows 2000, and
I would like to import my 95MB Eudora 5.1 mailboxes to
The Bat!.  Unfortunately, when I run the import
wizard, and point it to the right folder containing my
Eudora mail, it doesn't do any importing.  So I read
through the entire archives and found these threads
(name is the thread-starter):

*Importing from Outlook, Victor Wong
*Eudora Conversion Revisited, Michael Disabato
*Migrating Problems. Going from Outlook to The Bat!
What a PITA!, Brien King
*hotmail? & Eudora, Paul Cartwright

Some of the solutions proposed were: find an older
copy of The Bat! 1.53d (from Tucows) where the Eudora
import works; from Eudora 5.1, export to a Unix
mailbox format; get a program called Mailbag Assistant
to help with all that mail (I realize my 95MB of mail
is not that much compared to what some of you may
have.)

I don't want to use Mailbag Assitant because from what
I understand, it allows you to look at and work with
many types of mail, but it doesn't convert them to
anything.  The Bat! looks powerful and fast, and I
think it would be able to handle my mail well enough
that I don't need a separate Mailbag Assistant
program.

So... what do people suggest is the best option?  I
will try both, but if there are subtle errors I might
not pick them up until one day when I'm looking for an
old message... so I would prefer hearing any
tried-and-true method for this kind of migration.  I
don't have many addresses in Eudora, so I'm not
interested in Address Book type migration... just the
email and its folder structure please.

Also... all my Eudora folders are what The Bat! calls
"common folders"... will I be able to import them as
common folders?  Or does The Bat! not handle common
folders very well.  I like the idea of keeping all
folders within each of my several email accounts, but
sometimes friends email to any of my accounts, and for
those I'd like to filter them into "common folders,"
and not worry about keeping them within a certain
email account.

Thanks,
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>