From: DJR <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Thursday, April 25, 2002, 2:18:19 PM
Subject: Policy Amendment

Of   late   several  members  have  put  either  bogus  or  misleading
information  into  both the subject line and/or the FROM field coupled
with  parentisis  which often does not display. The purpose is to keep
people  from making replies off list. I don't have a problem with that
intent,  but  it  does  create  a  problem for automated mail sorters,
rendering them ineffective.

In  the  case  of  the FROM field, I request a policy change REQUIRING
some  personalized  identifier,  even if that identifier goes nowhere.
And that identifer MUST NOT use parentisis.

In  the  case  of  the  subject field, I request that something appear
there,  without  parentisis,  even  if it's just the word "BLANK". All
fields must have some content.

In  the  interm,  I  request  all  persons  with incomplete headers be
temporarily  bounced  and  not permitted to post until the full header
requirement is met.

N6IQQ

 DJR                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]