On Thursday, May 2, 2002, 7:04:40 PM, Tim wrote:

T> I, too, have been trying S/MIME since reading the recent posts, and
T> now have some questions for the list.

I have always wanted to use S/MIME messages for encrypting e-mails and
signing messages, but majority of e-mail users do not like such
signatures and do not encrypt e-mails.

T> 1. I think I am correctly signing emails, using CryptoAPI. They
T> certainly appear signed in TB!, but when I sent a message to my work
T> email and checked it at work (where I am forced to use Outlook 98),
T> the text was present with no signature. It's possible that the
T> company firewall stripped the signature as a disallowed attachment.

Does Outlook 98 support this digital signatures?

T> So, is this email properly signed?

I see "Invalid Signature".

T> 3. Now I've succeeded in sending an encrypted message, but I can't
T> read it myself. I thought the relevant setting was "Always encrypt to
T> sender's certificate". I have this set (and had it set when I sent the
T> encrypted message).

T> Is this a bug or did I do something wrong?

I generated my S/MIME signature through TheBat!'s internal implemenation
and I can sign and encrypt e-mails to myself with no problems.

--
Using The Bat! v1.60i
OS: Windows 2000 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 2