On Mon, 6 May 2002, Dierk Haasis wrote:

> Hello Geoff!
>
> On Monday, May 6, 2002 at 9:53:43 AM you wrote:
>
> > If you type the first letter (case sensitive) TB attempts to resolve
> > this to one of the options, so you can get something meaningful in
> > this field with just one keypress. However, I often forget to do this.
> > Just before I wrote my question, I opened the AB and found myself
> > staring at about 20 blank entries! I had to reopen all those entries
> > to set "Display name as".
>
> Confirmed. I just tested it and found it to be more than just an
> inconvenience, as my test entry didn't get a name. Now consider an AB
> full of white space - hard to find something.

If I remember correctly, it never used to do this, but I noticed it doing
it in 1.60c.  Not that i put too many people in my address book now I have
most of the people in there.

> Funny enough the gender field gets filled in with "Unspecified" (after
> closing and reopening the dialogue).

I thought it put unspecified in there by default... could be wrong.  I
normally don't set most fields in the address book.

--
Jonathan Angliss
([EMAIL PROTECTED])