Hi Ray,
On Tue, 14 May 2002 00:00:30 +0100, you wrote:

> The way my present email app is set up, all four accounts are downloaded
> at the same time and mail list items are filtered into the relevant box
> (or folder) as they are downloaded.

Not too difficult to do.  Right mouse button click anywhere in the tree list,
select new, then common folder... call it mailing lists (or whatever).  You now
have a common folder to start with.  Repeat the procedure for each of your
lists.  Next if you want those folders to appear under your mailing list
folders, use the move in/out function (CTRL SHIFT left/right arrow).  You should
then be able to move it into the mailing lists folder.

> I have a common folder to all the accounts called 'Mail Lists' and this
> contains a folder for each list. Filtering is done on the Reply To header
> and the mail goes into the relevant folder for that list.

For the filtering, Account - Sorting Offices - Select the Incoming folder, and
click new.  Look on the right hand side, and you should know have the basics for
setting up rules.  Give it a useful name, then choose where you want it to be
moved to, then set the rules down the bottom.  If I've lost you here, click on
the help button, the images are pretty helpful in there.

> Also, if I have a mail list folder selected and I then click on the
> 'Compose new email' icon, then the new email is set up with the correct
> outgoing email address for that mail list and my correct email address
> and sig file for that list.

Yes you can do this... they're called folder templates, but as I'm sure you're
about to find out... they're not recommended by some of the people on the list,
as it's easy to select the wrong folder.  The easiest, and safest is the Address
Book Template.  Create a new address book entry for each list.  Include the
email addresses for the lists etc.  Now click on the "New" tab you should see in
the address item page.  Now create your template in there.  If you want to use a
specific sig file, just use the macros listed under the macro button (again if
I've lost you, the help button is great here).

> I've looked at the FAQ and it doesn't appear to answer what I want to do.

I hope this is a start.  I'm sure many more will post more technical details.
But for now, I have done that off the top of my head, as I am at home, and I
don't run Windows here.

--
Jonathan Angliss
([EMAIL PROTECTED])