Hello David,

On Wednesday, May 15, 2002, 4:22:00 PM, you wrote:

DH>> I've tried to register The Bat! v.1.60c using my original The
DH>> Bat! v. 1.35 Registration Key and Key Checksum password but I'm
DH>> told that the Password doesn't coincide with the Key.

DH>> Will I have to fiddle with the registries of both computers (not
DH>> possible at the moment since the old one's hard drives were
DH>> removed in order to transfer the data on them), or is there a way
DH>> to Re-register TB! via the normal registration Procedure?

DE> Sorry I missed the first one.

I had the same problem you did (default not set to printed quotable).
That alone was a help.

DE> (1) Did you do a backup and restore of your original instillation?

I have a Qic 80 backup on it - that gives a max of 350 mb, no tapes
are out there and if there were, they aren't cheap.

So I'm taking off each of the 3 hard disks and saving them to a new
relatively big hard disk. Later I'll get a CD (or even a DVD) burner.

DE> (2) Could you do a save of the registry keys and then import them?

I think so, except that I have one of the HDs from the old machine
(but not C) on this machine at the moment and planned on putting it
back before booting it. I will try that. Is the registry version
specific though? And the OS's of the 2 machines are different.

DE> (3) I know that there is a way to get a new reg key if you have lost your
DE> password on the ritlabs web site, but that costs 3$ (I think)

I haven't lost my password (TB! rejects it) but would shell out the 3
dollars, IAC. I'll try that now.

In fact, I really do expect Ritlabs to pitch in here. As you know, I
am as loyal a TB! user as they come and DID buy the thing.

There are some other issues to tackle (such as an ability to set
message colors - only the whole folder's colors; and no way I can see
to set the priority - it's not where it was or anywahere else I can
see. Also, the Spanish menu's translation is very far from the English
version in many cases and I'd much rather get TB! working w/ English
Menus).

Thanks for your help.

Douglas