In TheBat! 1.60k when I click Options | Preferences | Viewer, the 'View
message using' is set to "Fixed Width Font Viewer (fast)". When I select
an item in the "Item:" list such as Background, Regular Text, or Fixed
Width Text to change the setting, none of the change take affect.
However, when I set 'View message using' to Rich Text/HTML Viewer
(slower but with proportional fonts), all setting take affect. I notice
in the second window it shows "Rich Text/HTML viewer layout". Does this
mean that all settings in the Item list pertains only to the Rich
Text/HTML Viewer setting?

--
Using The Bat! v1.60k
OS: Windows 2000 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 2