On Thursday, May 30, 2002, 21:34, Jonathan Angliss wrote:

>> Incidentally, when I type a space at the end of a sentence, how
>> come I am unable to select that space?

> Space saving I think.  TB! strips spaces off the end of sentences
> unless it is -- (dash dash space).

That is correct for how the text (and spaces) shows up in the editor.
However, when the mail is sent, the presence of the spaces depends on
the setting of Auto Format. If it's on, all trailing spaces are
removed, if set off, they are kept and the mail is sent as you have
typed it, with or without trailing spaces.

The signature delimiter is in some cases treated differently. I won't
go into that now, search the archives one or two months back if you're
interrested.

--
Regards,
Marcus Ohlström

Using The Bat! v1.60i on Windows 2000 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 2
PGP Public Key at http://www.canit.se/~marcus/pgp.asc