Thu, 30 May 2002 17:12:49[GMT -0500]   (6:12 PM EDST) Andrea Zuercher
wrote:

> when I went to the Web site, 1.60m was the
> only one I found available for download. This is my first run with TB!
> so I don't have an .exe file from an earlier version to copy in. So
> how would I try an earlier version?

tb160k.rar is available at ftp.ritlabs.com. tb160k.rar contains a
compressed version of thebat.exe, which can be used to install TheBat!
version 160k.

Freeware program UltimateZip, http://www.ultimatezip.com/ , can be
used to decompress .rar files.

"Downgrade" to TheBat! v160k as follows:

1. Backup your accounts and common folders [Tools | Backup | when
you're asked what to backup, check every box].

2. Exit TheBat!

3. Uninstall TheBat! [Windows | Start | Settings | Control Panel |
Add/Remove Programs | choose TheBat! | Add/Remove | Yes]. Uninstall
everything (registry etc.) that TheBat!'s Unistall asks about.

4. Run thebat.exe for the version you want to "downgrade to (in your
case 1.60k). Elect to restore your your account from the backup file
you made in step 1, when thebat.exe asks you to open an account.

Using The Bat! v1.60h
on Windows 95 4.0 Build 1111 B

--

Daniel A. Grunberg       Kensington, Maryland, USA
homepage: www.nyx.net/~dgrunber/