I occasionally export my Lotus Organizer contacts, or those with email
addresses, in vCard format in order to import the same data into TB! I
have a dedicated AB in TB! to contain the information, which is sorted
by last name.  Because of the use of the Lotus contact database for
mail merges, the prefix is one of the fields completed, e.g., Mr.,
Ms., etc.  The import appears to go perfectly; when one opens any of
the imported records in TB!, all of the fields are completed
appropriately.  (Except that I would like to be able to change the
Display As field on a global basis.)

The problem is that, despite the appearance of the right information
in each of the TB! record fields, the macros are not reading the data
correctly.  For example, if I have a record for myself, and it lists
my title as "Mr.," my first name as "Joseph," and my last name as
"N.," in the record (both Lotus and TB!), the TB! address book will
list me with the other N's, displayed as "Mr. Joseph N."  When I click
from within the message editor and search for my name, it dutifully
comes up, I click the single arrow to transfer it to the TO: field,
and what appears on the line is, unfortunately but acceptably, "'Mr.
Joseph N.' <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>"  So far so good.

The macro for first name (%TOFNAME) in the template interprets all of
that to read, in the message editor:  "Mr."

To make it even more mysterious, I have various contact groups which
are displayed as "Last name, First name" and the TO: field will show
"'Last name, First name" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>" but the macro picks up the
correct first name and reads, in the message editor:  "First name"

What's going on?  Any ideas how to fix?

--
JN