Hi Daniel,

@18 June 2002, 14:38:09 +0200 (13:38 UK time) Daniel van Rooijen
[CopyCats] wrote in [EMAIL PROTECTED]">mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> Thanks for the enlightenment!! :)

A pleasure :-)

> I'm now trying those Spamcop filters from the TB FAQ, but I'm not
> sure if they work as intended. Here's what I found:

> - Shouldn't the first stage filter (that creates a spam submission
> message) be set to "manual only"? Wouldn't it otherwise
> automatically respond to any incoming message that fulfills the
> criterion of having a '.' in its kludges?

Yes it would!

> Of course the Ctrl-Alt-S trigger is also set, but I don't know if
> that will override automatic execution..

Yes - it should be manual. It actually has the "faoManualOnly" flag
and should be pasted as a manual filter. Perhaps there's a bug in the
filter paste function?

> - The file to export to (C:\TEMP\EXPORT.TXT) was set correctly when
> I pasted the filter into the sorting office, but the "Export to
> File" action itself was not activated. Also, "append to existing
> file" was set, which I think will inadvertently report any
> previously sent spam along with the current spam message. I've
> changed that into "overwrite". The export format was "Text", is that
> alright? The "quote kludges" was Off, and I've turned that on.

Again, the filter source says:

faExport,faoExportOver,faoExportKludges

All of which seem to have failed to import correctly :-(.

> I hope I made the correct changes (and if so, maybe the author of
> the filter should update this FAQ section?).

Who, me? (I am both the author of the filter and the maintainer of the
FAQ <g>). I'll have to annotate the filter to say that it may not
import correctly. What a pain!

- --
Cheers -- .\\arck D. Pearlstone -- List moderator
TB! v1.60q-5523848F0B1 on Windows 2000 5.0.2195 Service Pack 2
'