DG,

Saturday, June 22, 2002, 10:59:42 AM, you wrote in
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

DRS> Sorry. This reply is kind of like closing the barn door after the
DRS> horse is out but ....

DRS> Always, ALWAYS, back up your keypairs to floppy or to a backup
DRS> directory on your hard drive. I've seen many that have many
DRS> keypairs residing on key servers because of the failure to backup
DRS> keypairs so they simply create a new one because most can't
DRS> remember the paraphrase to delete the unused keypairs.

All true and good information.

In my previous use of PGP with Agent, I was most careful about
that but it has been several years since using that key, and I *do*
still have it and will import it to the new install.

Also, unless someone uploaded to a server without my permission or
knowledge, the newest pair in question was never used. In all my years
of PGP, I have never used a key server, and prefer to give my Public
Key (I have had only one) to those requesting them via e-mail. That
does not mean, of course, that they do not exist on the key server
network. In fact, I may check that later this afternoon after adding
my original (saved to floppy) keypair to this new install.

If someone uploaded my dead key, my apologies. I made no attempt to
back it up for it was:

1.) New 2). Used here only in my first couple messages (wrongly). 3.)
Generated in 7.0.3 which I was not sure would work with it's older
cousin version.4.) Never uploaded to a Key Server that I was aware.
and finally 5.) Immediately identified by me as not working at all
with my TB! integration. 6). A mere 3 experimental hours old.

Please don't think me defensive, or ungrateful to you for your
assistance and suggestions. Also, none of those are excuses. Your
information is important. I merely wish to demonstrate to the list
that I am not (quite) as sloppy nor naive with PGP as it may appear
but I am very new with using PGP as an integrated program with TB!.

- --
Thank you Kindly,

Mike

MUA = TB! v1.60q (www.RitLabs.com/the_bat)
Windows 2000 5.0.2195 (Service Pack 2)
PGP Key mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=Key_Request