Hello,

> if you have two accounts, yet in the preferences you point them to
> have the same home-directory (under files&directories), what
> consequences would that have?

you should test if The Bat doesn't destroy your mail database when you
fetch you mail from several servers at the same time.
When there are two threads writing into the same file and those aren't
aware of this you can lose and corrupt you data.

> could you for example still have different mail-retrieval settings
> or have the accounts effectively become one-and-the-same?

I don't think so because The Bat will save these settings in the same
directory into the same files.

--

Regards,

  Patrick