Hello Jonathan,

On Thu, 27 Jun 2002 11:02:59 -0500 GMT (27/06/02, 23:02 +0700 GMT),
Jonathan Angliss wrote:

JA> An interesting idea I guess.  Would be an unusual method of filtering
JA> to get viruses, unless they are explicitly blocking .bat files.
JA> Although it'd be a really bad filter for it to do that.

It less and less unusual. Many mail servers now reject executable
files, such as .bat, .reg, .exe etc. Remember I sent a registry key to
this list earlier? My first attempt was to attach the file rot13.reg,
which was rejected by our very own Worldless on the grounds that it
was executable. MDaemon suggested that I zip the file, which I did,
and it went through eventually.

Having said that, yes, I can imagine that the X-Mailer header being
interpreted as a .bat file attachment may be the problem here. I hope
it's just a setting in their server software...

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

99 percent of lawyers give the rest a bad name.

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.60q
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using an AMD Athlon K7 1.2GHz, 128MB RAM