Hi Lynn,
On Thu, 11 Jul 2002 06:52:49 -0700, you wrote:

> In my quest for spam reduction options, I've decided to
> filter on the ip's of spam mails which apparently have
> forged 'from' addresses. If I make a list of these and use
> the 'add' button to add a rule, will these rules be
> applied as 'or', or as 'and' .. ?

I'd have thought trying to filter on IP addresses is a little difficult to do
when it comes to spam, seeing as the large number of sources.  You'll be forever
updating your filters, and then eventually get lost in the massive list.  You
may even end up filtering mail you probably shouldn't.  Just a thought ;)

> If the latter, can I make a list on the 'alternative' tab,
> and if I do that, how do I separate them? Or do I need to
> do it a completely different way?
>
> Wish I could just paste a text file someplace ...

Selective Downloads filter allows you to read a text file if I remember
correctly.  I've seen some people utilising this to block known spammers
locations.

I think one of the better methods would be to speak to your mail provider, and
see if they can implement real time black lists, and use services such as
http://mail-abuse.org or even http://www.ordb.org.  Again, just a thought.

--
Jonathan Angliss
([EMAIL PROTECTED])