Saturday, July 13, 2002, 10:01:12 AM, you wrote:

JA> Hi Lynn,
JA> On Sat, 13 Jul 2002 08:57:44 -0700, you wrote:

>> JA> Did you install swat?  It's a nice samba configuration generator in a web
>> JA> browser.. makes things a lot easier :)
>>
>> Oh yes ... it may have been a hardware thing, I couldn't
>> get swat to work at all for a while; it sort of crippled
>> along on a subsequent install, but I still couldn't get it
>> working. I also tried another configuration thing whose
>> name I can't recall, and I also tried a SUSE install of
>> LINUX which got me no further. I've got another box in the
>> pipeline, though, so am hoping for a better result.

JA> There are a couple of configurations you have to set before swat works.  I think
JA> one of them is in /etc/services and the other is in /etc/xinetd.d/swat (or
JA> similar).  I'll re-install samba, and swat on here tonight, and let you know :)
JA> If you're using RedHat, then using the RPM files does most of the work for you,
JA> but you still need to tweak one or two things ;)

I appreciate *all* input, but will have to hold it all
until this box comes free .. the time is not yet .. but
soon, I hope.

Personal mail is fine, this is a bit out in the
stratosphere, OTopically speaking :-)

Thanks!

Lynn

1.60h on Win2kPro SP2

--
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]         * * *    Aun Aprendo
I'd rather be WARP'ed    * * *      Team OS/2

http://www.sites.onlinemac.com/hawthorne/