Replying to your message of Wednesday, July 17, 2002, 10:41:35 AM:

MDP> Let's
MDP> not have any more of the hype here please.

Hype....how do you mean that??

For example, there is a new virus written tonight.  This virus is delivered
in a .pif attachment (like Klez is).  Tomorrow comes, if you are using XYZ anti virus
and
it is based solely on signature updates, unless you get the days update you are
vulnerable to this virus.  Me on the other hand, I use LMN anti virus which
is based on signatures, rules sets and policies.  This solution is set
so it will not allow any .pif attachments to get to my email client.  Therefore if
I don't get the daily update for some reason, I am protected from this
virus regardless.

How does this rate as a "false security"?

--

 Pete

 www.milneweb.com

 Wednesday, July 17, 2002