Hello,

> The great idea is called IMAP4, which provides server-side mailbox
> folders to solve just the very problem you have.

Meaning: if I had mail-server functionality on my server that has
IMAP4 capability I would be able to do just that? I guess I must admit
that I have no clue what the difference between POP3 and IMAP4 is...

This is interesting for me, because there is actually the possibility
for me to install IMAP4-mail-server software on my server. I should
then be able to use TB! already now without having to wait for v2 as I
can chose between POP3 and IMAP as protocols in TB! - or am I
misunderstanding something here?

> Anything else (using some flavor of network shares between your notebook
> and your desktop) is a kludge.

Ack...

> Looking forward to TB!2. Allegedly, improved IMAP support might be on
> the plan...

With the above mentioned working I would not have to wait for that,
would I?

Greetings,
Alexander